Thursday, September 13, 2007

Super 8

Looking forward to the multi-plane animation shoot today. I am planning on bringing in some crazy items from my house. I am also super excited about finally being able to use the Super 8 cameras, because I want to shoot a film on super 8 very soon. My dad just found me a 1930's 8mm projector in the trash dump, and he said it was in great condition. I just don't understand how people can get rid of anything, ecspecially an old projector. I am the kind of person that collects and collects until my apartment is a clutter box. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a pack rat. I get it from my grandmother because she always had all these awesome antiques in her house. I love antiques. I feel that I should have been born in a different time, because a lot of things that I own are super old. I found the Brother's Quay to be rather interesting and intriquing. There are so many minor details that went into that type of animation. I also noticed that there was lots of depth to the film as well. Many dimensions..I found my eyes wondering from one corner of the screen to the next...looking up and then down. It was really dark and fascitnating at the same time. It was also interesting to see he faces of other people in the class. some people looked rather disgusted while others were kind of smirking. The props that they used were so twisted and dimented.

No comments: