Saturday, September 29, 2007

16mm Film Processing

I was super excited to hand process my own film. It took me back to my days of being in the darkroom which I really enjoyed. I still never understood how UNCW has such a good film program, although they got rid of their dark room because some administrator needed the office space. I wonder how much sense that makes. I really like the demonstration with the caffenol. I like the organic way of doing things. My boyfriend works at Tidal Creek, and he was super excited when I told him that we developed 16mm film with coffee beans, washing soda, and absorbic acid. I wonder how long this method has been out, and who discovered it? Anyways I was really surprised that it actually developed the film. I look forward to seeing how the film looks when we put them all together.

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

now if we can just find a non-toxic way to fix the film, that would be great.